Sent

>> Monday, June 3, 2013


Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Recommended Age: 10 +
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
ISBN:  978-1-4169-5422-4
Year Published: 2009
No. Pages: 308
Genre: Fantasy
Main Character Gender: Male
Read & Reviewed by: Aaron


In this second installment of The Missing series, Jonah discovers that he is a missing child from the past, abducted from 1483 and brought to modern times. Before he knows it, Chip and another boy, Alex, are zapped back to the 15th century along with Jonah and his sister Katherine, who grab onto the boys at the last moment and end up in a time period in which they don’t belong. Chip discovers he is young King Edward V and Alex is his younger brother, the Duke of York. Although that seems like enough of a problem, they discover that their uncle intends to kill them so that he can be King instead. Can Jonah and Katherine save Chip and Alex from their fate?

Sent was an action packed and thrilling read. Margaret Peterson Haddix is an amazing writer who took me on this well-plotted tale. I found myself constantly going back into the book to see if I missed something because of the wild twists and turns that this book threw at me.

I love this series. It was always full of suspense, and most of the chapters ended in cliffhangers. Haddix treated me like I was smart and enabling me to piece the mystery together, by bringing up common facts. She also weaved in historical facts which made the novel more interesting and I learned a great deal such as the story of king Edward V. When I picked up this book it was almost impossible to put it down.

My favorite part was when Jonah and the others would have to avoid the people from the past by blindly pressing buttons on the elucidator, the elucidator is a big part of this story that is a device that has the capability to make people travel through time, turn things people and itself invisible, and much more. Without this device the series wouldn’t have worked out. It was thrilling to see the crew dodging and ducking form unsuspecting citizens of the past by using their fast thinking and swift movements. I also enjoyed how subliminally it revealed more pieces to this crazy puzzle that the reader had to fit together.

My favorite character of this series had to be Jonah because he was smart and quick on his feet this helped him avoid mishaps. He also had a witty personality that I could see through his thoughts. He also had a lot of strength in his head not to panic. I like that because who doesn’t like a strong person as a main character?

I was in awe for this book and rated it a well-deserved 10 out of 10! I would definitely recommend this to people who love time travel and mysteries. I would also recommend it to people who love brain benders within a great novel and story line.


design by:

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP